Decoding the differences between Air Fryer and Oven
Technology and better machinery have altered the way of cooking in traditional Indian homes. Microwaves have long been popular, but air fryers are gaining popularity due to their innovative capabilities of providing healthy yet incredibly crispy fries.
So, what is the difference between an air fryer and an oven? Which is preferable in terms of health and investment?
Keep reading to find out the answers to these and other questions.
Air Fryers and Ovens: Key Differences
The key difference between air fryers and ovens are as below.
- While it works like an oven, an air fryer makes crispier snacks. It simulates the fried feel and crunchier texture of classic deep-fried dishes without adding extra oil.
Air fryers are safer and easier to operate than convection ovens. And, unlike bigger convection ovens, their exterior doesn't heat up, making it safe to touch. One just needs to place the food in the air fryer basket and set the time and temperature.
- It is impossible to declare that one appliance is healthier than the other. However, an air fryer machine is a better choice if one is trying to reduce calories. Its design prevents food from sitting in and absorbing extra oil. In other words, frozen French fries made in an air fryer are healthier than deep-fried French fries, which are soaked in oil to generate that delightful texture.
Microwave ovens offer far larger capacity than air fryers. A microwave can prepare enormous meals for a group of people or a family. In contrast, an air fryer can prepare delicious cuisine in tiny portions.
- The cooking time is the most noticeable difference between an air fryer and an oven. An air fryer cooks quicker, by 20 to 25%, using less oil and less energy, as the normal cooking temperatures range between 25°F and 50°F lower than in an oven. Furthermore, most air fryers preheat in 3 to 5 minutes, as opposed to the 20 to 30 minutes required by an oven.
- An air fryer may save you money each month in addition to being quick, handy, and simple to clean. These devices usually use significantly less electricity than a full-size oven. Using the oven to cook any food at the same temperature would cost more than twice as much as using the air fryer.
While both kitchen appliances work equally well, these machines have a few pros and cons. These aspects help one get the information needed to purchase an air fryer.
Pros and Cons of an Air Fryer
Let us look at the advantages and disadvantages of using an air fryer.
- Using an air fryer is easy and allows you to prepare various healthful dishes. When you cook with an air fryer, you use little or no oil, translating into fewer calories and fat!
- Most air fryers are the size of a tiny oven or a coffee maker, ideal to be left on the counter. They also come in appealing designs that match the vibe of one's kitchen.
- Air fryers have a tiny capacity; most medium-sized ones can prepare meals for one or two persons. However, the 6-in-1 air fryer cum oven from Hestia can be the ultimate solution to this issue. It can serve 6 people, making it ideal for a large family.
- Most air fryers don't have a see-through window, making it difficult to keep track of your cooking process, resulting in overcooked or undercooked food. But eliminate this guesswork with Hestia's air fryers; models with visible windows and easy peek lids are easily available.
Pros and Cons of an Oven
Here are some positives and negatives of ovens.
- Modern oven machines cook food quicker than traditional ones without making a mess.
- Microwaves also assure that you will never again burn your meals. You don't have to constantly check on it to ensure it is not overcooked or undercooked; you can set the time and temperature and let it do its job.
- Microwaves are also incredibly affordable and use less energy than gas burners and traditional ovens.
- When using a microwave oven with a grill, one must be extra cautious about using microwave-safe cookware made of glass, ceramic, and certain plastics.
- Cooking in a kitchen oven often and for extended periods may require more energy than using a cooktop or other kitchen equipment.
Whatever the pros and cons, the convenience of cooking is one element that will always remain an advantage of both kitchen appliances. However, it is essential to land in the right place to source the right product, especially with air fryers.
Spotting the right one is challenging in the current market with a range of air fryers available. But with Hestia, one can rest assured.
Discover the Ultimate Range of Exclusive Air Fryers at Hestia!
Hestia provides innovative air fryers that facilitate smarter and healthier cooking. Here are some of the products by Hestia that can become the all-time favourite kitchen appliance for everyone.
- This advanced air fryer can not only fry but also bake, grill, reheat, and roast while giving you the exact flavours you get from traditional Indian cooking but in a healthier way.
- Simple to use, it offers a removable basket for easy machine cleaning. Moreover, it provides 360 degrees view of the cooking process with the glass top set.
- Specifically designed for Indian cooking with 8 presets, it can make your cooking process easy.
- It has a capacity of 5 litres and is ideal for a family of 3-5 members.
- Get crispy fries in no time that uses 95% less oil healthily, giving you mouth-watering delicacies.
- This innovative multi-tasking solution for your daily cooking will not only give you crispier fries but can also provide perfectly baked grilled and roasted food.
- It has 9 presets specifically designed to provide the traditional flavours of Indian cooking.
- With a capacity of 3.5 litres, it is ideal for a family of 2-3 members.
- Get 6-in-1 options for frying, grilling, reheating, roasting, dehydrating, and baking.
- It has a visible window to keep an eye on the cooking process.
- It has 10 presets for creating delectable Indian dishes in a healthy way.
- It has a massive capacity of 12 litres, ideal for a family of 4-6.
Note: One can avail of EMI options for Hestia Air Fryers. EMIs start at Rs. 1,041 only.
So, make healthy dishes with innovative products by Hestia. Explore more products such as boilers, cold press juicers, blenders and other easy-to-use kitchen appliances only at Hestia.